Saturday, December 13, 2008

Vitamix Breakfast

I sliced up a grapefruit, just slicing off the peel and quartering it and cutting out the bitter pith at the core. I took out of the freezer some cactus pear pulp I had earlier frozen in ice cube trays. I added in a little water.

[I earlier used the vitamix to make the cactus pear pulp, grinding it up and then squeezing it through a strainer to take out the ubiquitous seeds.]

I added just a very little sucralose. I know this freaks some people out, but my own hunch is any risks associated with it are nothing compared to the risks of the excess calories from conventional sweeteners.

The result was quite enjoyable, and remember: it's not juice. It's pure fruit puree.

Oh, and I should add: both grapefruit and prickly pear have low GI, which means you can eat less and go longer on less.

1 comment:

Eric said...

Mom, sucralose = splenda. splenda is a brand name.